Otten Engineering is a boutique engineering consulting firm located in San Antonio, Texas. We specialize in unique solutions to complex problems. The clients we serve include architects, building owners, facility managers, real estate developers, construction managers, trade contractors, schools, law offices, and other engineering firms. We emphasize attention to detail in all our projects, and consider no project too large or too small.
Otten Engineering + Technology specializes in a variety of areas, including Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems for buildings, critical hospital and healthcare systems, BIM technology, and software development for engineering applications. We are located in San Antonio, Texas.
What is different about Otten Engineering? Honesty, Engineering Excellence, and the use of Technology in our projects.
Engineering services we offer include
- Full Service MEP
- Energy Modeling and Analysis
- HVAC Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Plumbing Engineering
- Medical Gas Engineering and Modifications
- Peer Review Services
- Lighting Design
- Short-Circuit Coordination Studies
- BIM Management on Projects
- Structural Engineering Studies and renovation planning assistance
- Forensic Engineering and Reconstruction Analysis
Technology Services include
- Full life-cycle Software Development
- BIM/CAD Software Programming
- Hardware installations, including mission critical Unix systems
- Development of Software for Engineering Analysis and Design
- Oracle Database Administration
Thomas P. Otten has been involved in construction and had a knack for mechanical things from his beginnings at a very early age. His inspiration for entering Engineering was his love of early Porsche and VW automobiles and a fascination with all things of a mechanical nature.
Design means to me that every designing engineer has the opportunity to become at some stage an artist… that every craftsman who can do more than what he is trained to do is an artist. – F.A. Porsche